Thursday, June 22, 2006

Those bad days...

Yesterday, I had one of the worst days I have had since returning to the states. After work I went to the gym and swam like a fiend shedding all that negativity in the water. It was great. Then I woke up early this morning with plenty of time for breakfast, quiet time, and doggie time. Life is so much about attitude and perceptions. Isn't it a shame that so many of us live in our own little hell for a whole day when all it would take is a slight jar to our reality to wake us up to heaven.

This week is my 4th month mark in being back in the US. In those four months, I have been able to settle in quite well. Two days after my last blog entry, I closed on my first house. It still seems like a dream to have my own house. For weeks after closing, I would wake up and very slowly open my eyes wondering if, once opened, I would see my bedroom walls in Seoul. I would open my eyes and be comforted to know that the dream was a reality; my bedroom walls here in Atlanta were real. But, I would blink a few times just to double check.

It is still so strange to me that not six months ago I was still in that old apartment in Non-Hyun Dong writing about the house that I would someday love to have. I remember sitting on that terrace looking up at the sky and thinking how lovely it would be to one day own my own house. If you had told me then that in six months that dream would become reality, I wouldn't have believed you. Isn't it amazing how dreams can become reality.

So then, why don't we jar ourselves every now and then to the reality that our own little hell is exactly just that. When we have those bad days, it isn't the day that is bad, it is our perception of the goings on of that day. Change that perception and dreams do become reality.

Heaven is waiting just on the other side of that coin.

1 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Danifesto said...

I'm so glad things are going well for you Ron! It's so rewarding when our dreams are realized and it's important to remember that when other things don't go the way we had intended!
Glad to see you blogging again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home